- Going on holidays? Energy-smart timers will turn lights on and off rather than keeping lights running.
- Curtains, blinds, shutters and awnings can impact heating and cooling costs.
- Consider what they are made of, where the sun rises and sets, and how window treatments can be adjusted.
- Don’t install multiple lights on the same light switch as you will waste power by turning on unnecessary lights.
- YourHome – This Australian Government site has tips on a range of topics including glazing your home and skylights.
- Save Power Kits – A program to help people save power and money is now available for loan at City of Parramatta Library and its branches.
- Energy Made Easy – This Australian Government site is designed to help you understand your electricity and gas bills, and find the best offers.