Use energy efficient light globes called compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) or light emitting diodes (LEDs). They’ve come down in price and will save you money long-term.
- Choose the lowest wattage light bulb you need.
- Choose lampshades that allow more light through and that keep dust off globes.
- Dispose of used globes through your local council’s chemical clean out day or at your nearest community recycling centre. To find locations and dates go to www.cleanout.com.au.
- Office of Environment and Heritage tips on lighting (opens external site)
- LED Buyer’s Guide – a resource by the Lighting Council of Australia (opens external site)
- Free home energy assessment for Parramatta Local Government Area residents (open external site)