- Turn off power tool chargers when not in use.
- Switch your pool pump to off-peak.
- Think about shading and planting choices near your house, to reduce the amount of heat impacting key living spaces.
- YourHome website (opens external site) – The Australian Government has tips on shading including planting.
- Office of Environment and Heritage (opens external site) – site has tips on saving water through sections called Products and appliances, Rainwater tanks and Greywater. There is a section on Water-saving tips in your garden which includes tips for pools and washing your car.
- Free home energy assessment for Parramatta Local Government Area residents (open external site)