To find out more information on the Light Years Ahead project visit our event information booth, which will be travelling around Western Sydney from August 2015.
Dates are subject to change.
The Light Years Ahead project team are headed to the last event for the project – to the Hawkesbury Agricultural Show website. The Show runs from 15-17 April.
Come and say hello, hear about the final stages of the project, get up close to a street light and find out how you can win an Energy Saver Pack worth over $200.
Events in 2016
- Fri 15 – Sun 17 April – Hawkesbury Agricultural Show (opens external site – Hawkesbury Agricultural Association event website), Hawkesbury Showground, Clarendon
Events in 2016
- Mon 26 – Australia Day – Parramatta Park (more information to come)
Events in 2015
- Sat 12 – Penrith Bicentennial Festival (opens external site – Penrith City Council website), Thornton Oval, Penrith
- Sun 13 – Pet Fest (opens external site – event site by Holroyd City Council), Holroyd Gardens, Merrylands
- Sun 20 – Orange Blossom Festival (opens external site – Hills Shire Council website), Castle Hill Showgrounds, Castle Hill
- Sat 26 – Farmers Market and Family Fun Day, Grantham Heritage Park, 71 Seven Hills Rd, Seven Hills
- Sun 27 – Cabramatta Moon Festival (opens external site – Fairfield City Council website), John Street, Park Road, Railway Parade and Arthur Street, Cabramatta
- Wed 21 – Thurs 22 – Youth Eco Summit (opens external site – Sydney Olympic Park), Newington Armory, Sydney Olympic Park
- Sat 31 – Spring Expo (opens external site – Liverpool City Council website), Bigge Park, Liverpool
- Sat 7 Nov – Blackheath Rhododendron Festival (aka Rhodo Festival) (opens external site), venue information to come, Blackheath
Kids colouring-in competition – winners announced
The Light Years Ahead colouring-in competition winners have been announced. Congratulations to everyone that took time to enter. We received 240 entries and were thrilled with the response. School entries were particularly impressive. Bethel Christian School submitted 80 entries, which were of a very high standard – reflected in the number of prize winners listed below.
Prizes are being distributed. If you are a winner and have not received your prize please contact us.
Winners of years 5-7 years old category:
- First – Izaac from Bethel Christian School
- Second – Ariel Delos Santos from Bethel Christian School
- Third – Justine from Bethel Christian School
Winners of the 8-10 years old category:
- First – Joevan from Bethel Christian School
- Second – Rhys from Glendenning Public School
- Third – Ivy Pham from Blacktown West Public School
Winners of the 11-12 years old category:
- First – Charlene Grace Ramos from Bethel Christian School
- Second – Simrat Kaur
- Third – Matthew Curtis from Ellison Public School
Kids colouring-in competition closing 22 November
Visit the Light Years Ahead project team at any of the above events to pick up a colouring-in competition (pictured below).
You can download a copy from our Dropbox (opens external site). You don’t need a Dropbox account to download this colouring-sheet.
Entries can be presented in-person to staff at the above events, emailed or posted to the WSROC office. The address of the office is on our Contact page.
If you are unable to download or access this document please contact the Light Years Ahead project team to obtain a copy or copies. Staff can email you a copy or post you copies if you provide your details. Alternatively, speak to our staff to arrange a time for you to pick up copies from the WSROC office during business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm).
Entries must be received by 22 November 2015. The full terms and conditions of the competition are on the second page of the colouring-in sheet. This competition is a game of skill.
Energy Saver Packs
Visit the project team at events to find out how you can win a Light Years Ahead Energy Saver Pack which contain over $200 worth of energy saving items for the home (pictured below).
These three lucky ladies (pictured below) picked up their packs at the Hawkesbury City Council launch held on 4 August 2015. Councillor Jill Reardon awarded the prizes.
Pictured (Left to right): Diana Schmitz, Councillor Jill Reardon (Hawkesbury City Council), Brenda Reeves Smith and Marie Howes.