- Use a bathroom exhaust fan with in-built heating lamp rather than stay longer in the shower to warm up.
- A four minute shower timer can reduce water and energy usage by 40 per cent.
- Dry clothes on an outdoor line or indoor clothes rack rather than in the dryer.
- Sydney Water (opens external site)
- Office of Environment and Heritage (opens external site) – site has tips on saving water through sections called Products and appliances, Rainwater tanks and Greywater.
- Free home energy assessment for Parramatta Local Government Area residents (open external site)